If you love the outdoors and you want to share that love with others, or if it’s approaching four or more years since you completed Outings Leader Training, we want you! The Rio Grande Chapter will be offering Outings Leader Training (OLT-101) on Saturday, November 3, 2018 from 8:30 AM to 1 PM at the Albuquerque office. This training is required for those wishing to begin leading outings, and is also required for existing outings leaders if they’re approaching four years since they last attended. This refresher is required to retain their certification.
The requirements to become a certified outings leader are:
- Be a current member of the Sierra Club and at least 18 years old.
- Complete the Sierra Club Outings Leader Application, available online.
- Complete first aid and CPR certification classes.
- Complete theBasicSierra Club Outing Leader Training, OLT 101.
- Complete a provisional hike with a certified outings leader.
This training opportunity will provide outings leaders with the tools and information they need to lead a safe, inspiring and fun outing. Attendees will receive a resource packet which includes the Outing Leader Handbook, updated forms; and ideas for planning your own outings. It’s also a great opportunity to meet others that share your passion for preserving our natural world. Upon completion of the Outings Leader requirements, attendees will have the opportunity to plan and lead at least two outings within 12 months.
For further information, contact Terry Owen at 505-301-4349, firstname.lastname@example.org.