Strong Candidates to Promote a Safe Environment
Nothing has a bigger impact on our climate, water, land and wildlife than public policy and the people who set that policy. An important part of our nonpartisan mission is to endorse candidates for elected office and work to elect those candidates. Our endorsements and volunteer power make a real difference in elections.
Questions? Don't know when and where to vote? Don't know your district? Don't know the candidates?
We have several resources to help you through the process during an election.
- The Rio Grande Chapter has a Voting Information page that will be updated during election cycles.
- The Sierra Club has an Election Center that will show your district number and a candidate if the Chapter has endorsed a candidate in your district.
- In addition to election information, the NM Secretary of State Voter Information Portal allows you to look up your registration information and status of absentee ballots.
Summary of our current endorsements
New Mexico House of Representatives
District 5: Rep. D. Wonda Johnson
District 12: Melissa Armijo
District 26: Eleanor Chavez
District 29: Tara Jaramillo
District 39: Rudy Martinez
District 41: Rep. Susan Herrera
District 42: Rep. Kristina Ortez
District 46: Rep. Andrea Romero
District 70: Anita Gonzales
Bernalillo County Commission District 1: Barbara Baca
Bernalillo County Commission District 5: Eric Olivas
Bernalillo County Sheriff: John Allen
Bernalillo County Assessor: Damian Lara
Santa Fe County Commission District 3: Camilla Bustamante
Santa Fe County Commission District 1: Justin Greene
Sandoval County Commission District 1: Katherine Bruch
Attorney General: Raúl Torrez
House District 1: Melanie Stansbury
House District 2: Gabe Vasquez
House District 3: Teresa Leger Fernandez
For biographies of the candidates, here is a page from the Spring Rio Grande Sierran.
Interested in helping environmental champions get elected?
- Fill out our elections volunteer form
- Donate to Rio Grande Chapter of the Sierra Club PAC
- Contact our political chair, Richard Barish at firstname.lastname@example.org