Sierra Club outings are back!
Sierra Club Rio Grande Chapter outings are free and open to the public. Outings are listed in the quarterly Rio Grande Sierran, on our event calendar and also as a quarterly text listing. The Northern Group outings are generally listed on the Santa Fe Group Meetup site, and Chapter outings may also be listed on the Rio Grande Chapter Meetup site.
We offer hikes at all levels of difficulty, and the difficulty level is listed in each outing, along with trip and leader details. Below are general Sierra Club protocols for all outings.
- Participants agree to abide by COVID-safe practices.
- Participants must sign a standard Participation Agreement, required when registering for each outing.
- Backcountry outings – participants must fill out a short medical form and provide it to the leader for backcountry outings or where a medical facility is more than one hour away. Forms will be destroyed or returned to the participant immediately following the outing.
- Minors – the participation agreement must be completed and signed by parent or legal guardian (accompanied or unaccompanied).
- Leaders may alter the destination or cancel a trip due to weather, unfavorable conditions, or insufficient number of participants. The trip leader will contact you via the information you provided during registration.
- Leaders reserve the right to turn away anyone whose experience or equipment appears unsuitable.
- Dogs are permitted only if specifically noted in the trip details.
- Bring water, lunch, sturdy hiking boots or shoes and clothing suitable for the weather.
- All mileages are round-trip.
Interested in being a trip leader? Contact Outings Chair Terry Owen.