Each week during the legislative session you’ll receive the latest updates from our Chapter Staff. You will learn about the process and the bills that we are tracking and our work to stop or promote them.
2019 NM Legislature Priority Bills
Each year, Sierra Club staff and volunteer leaders work with the ExCom and Conservation Committees to analyze and determine Club positions on bills at the State legislature. From among those on which we take a position, a number rise to the top as priority bills that deserve special attention and that we encourage our members to bring to the attention of their legislators.
Below is the Sierra Club list of priority bills for the current session with our position and each bill’s status as of the date provided. This list is updated periodically. It is not a complete list of all the bills we take a position on or lobby. For the latest status on bills and their location in the legislative process, go to https://www.nmlegis.gov/Legislation/Legislation_List.
Priority Bills help
Use the scrollbar across the bottom of the Priority Bills list to see more information, including links to the full text of the bill. Clicking on the column header allows for the list to be sorted based on the values within that column.
- Stance – The position of Sierra Club Utah on the current status of the bill.
- Sponsors – The House and/or Senate members who are the sponsors of the bill in question.
- Priority – A high priority label for a bill means Sierra Club Utah staff and volunteers are actively lobbying the bill (either for or against.)
- Source Link – A link to the bill’s text on the State Legislature’s website.
- Status – The stage of the Legislative process that the bill is currently in.